Sunday, February 19, 2012

like every other morning...

Tallia Emily....my sweet sweet child. I don't think we realize as mothers how hard we work to maintain our and our families lives. BUT,  we would have it no other way. We go through some days with so much energy and then there are other days (most) that we are so drained...but, when your child says mama  "I feel low" you jump to attention...no fail...nothing else matters at that point....caring for them is all worth it....because we love them so so deeply.

This is Tally at 5am this morning...I said honey lets go pee and test and she always gives me this sour look and says no...no...no then she finally gives in goes pee then tests....adjusts with insulin or juice and then she falls back into a deep sleep and knows that her mama is watching over her to make sure she will always be safe.

 I love you tally bug. mama.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you caught the low.... Hate when they wake up when you test; thankfully, that usually does not happen. I don't know how these kids are going to function when they are adults. I'm pretty sure our DD will still have to do at least a 1:30 or 2:30am check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about how you jump to attention when your child is experiencing a low. We were at a welcome home rally for Pres. Bush on Obama's inauguration day. We were not allowed to take any food into the park area--they made us throw away low BG snacks when we entered, saying that there were concession stands. Sure enough, my daughter went low and I had to fight through closely packed people (who thought I was trying to take their good vantage point) then have her hop a fence, talk to secret service and send my 12 yr old girl off BY HERSELF with some money and low blood sugar so she could get something to eat. Scary!!

    ReplyDelete